Wednesday 14 July 2010

Proverbs 11:16 -A kindhearted woman gains respect

 
One day, I hope to be an example to girls and women. Not because of me or my achievements but because of the Christ that lives in me. I want to be an example because I want to prove that you do not have to be a popular, rich ‘it-girl’ to be respected. You can come from an ordinary working-class background like myself, with an ordinary upbringing and still know Christ in great ways.
I have an outreach aim; to help the broken hearted the disappointed, and the rejected.
 
After being saved two years ago, it is only of recent that I noticed how hard the struggle is. Walking with Christ is harder than being in the world! This is something that I think Christians tend to forget. The common idea that life is a fairytale when you become ‘born-again’ is wrong. As Christians we experience so many trials and tribulations that help us reach God in the purest way possible. But these trials and tribulations are only hurdles and obstacles towards a greater outcome. I thank God for the happy and sad times in my life, all the glory belongs to him.
 
As women in our society, being Christ-like is hard. With constant reminders in the media showing us that ‘beauty’ is defined by sex appeal or by how big and round your bum and breasts are, image has now consumed our thoughts and conscience. But I want to rebuke that spirit in us and fight against it for we battle not against flesh but against principalities in this world.
I want to let females know that beauty has nothing to do with your physical appearance. Your weave, makeup or swagger has no input in your self worth. However, being virtuous is further than skin deep. It is an attribute which is emotional and spiritual and can only be achieved by accepting Christ Jesus as your Lord and saviour.
So many times, as women we experience disappointment or heartache whether it be at the hands of men or by another other means and it can destroy us both physically and mentally. Some girls feel worthless, while others even set out to intentionally hurt others. The old saying of ‘time is the greatest healer’ doesn’t really have effect in such situations. I personally believe that Christ is the best healer. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says that being ‘saved’ means being born again. A new creation! Regardless of past situations and circumstances, all God wants is your heart.
“You won’t understand I’ve made some really bad mistakes” this is what some of you may be thinking or something that you may have thought of before. Rebuke it!! It is a lie from the devil who wants to see you fail.
The bible says Paul went about murdering Christians, yet he became one of the most anointed writers in the bible. No sin is too big for God no problem is too much for him.
“Okay so what do I do then?” Just give him your heart! That’s all. You don’t need to do a big sacrifice or give up your best pair of heels and wipe of all your makeup. Just your heart, that’s all God wants; the purest part of your body.

13 comments:

  1. Wow. I love this. this is really good Ben. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of u! and I know God has sooo much installed for u. luv u, sho sho xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog! its so inspiring Ben and im glad to be your first follower!! you are such a beautiful person and i look forward to reading more posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this babygirl! U went straight to the point.. U have done so well and this is only the beginning it's my prayer that God will continue to use u to bless others! Luv u lots... Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaww Benny! I really like this, I can tell theres gna be a lot of inspiration coming out from this. It doesnt feel like ur bein shouted at as u read it either, very comforting. Love it :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly let me say WELL DONE. Doing something like this is not easy at all. I pray that the good thing you've started God sees you through it.

    I have to say this is really heart felt, I like the way you've shared your expriences and not just in essence said well 'you need to change' 'the problem is you' etc. Reading it you dont feel condemned but rather like your genuinely offering hope through Christ Jesus.

    You've shown awareness of issues around young women, showing that a lot of thought has gone into this. Its very inspiring, and i pray you not only become an example but a pacesetter for our generation also.

    Gosh hope i dont sound like a teacher lol but truly i look foward to reading more Ben x Love you like a brudda lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! Its soo encouraging that I have ppl behind me supporting me. I love u all and God bless u all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Missy says... I LOVE the BLOG !!.. of course for you to be a true inspiration to others you had to have fallen before so that you can help others to stand up as strong as you have..

    Through the christ in you people will know you by your ways..

    Uno i love you..

    Anne

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looove thiiis Glory to God!!!! keep allowing God to use youuu to impact on others woman of God...cos life is not about impression its about impact...love you loads sis
    stay wonderfullly blessed and deely loved xxx chioma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant, really well written and encouraging. Its something we can relate to and ponder. I admire you because it seems as we started university many Christians strayed away from God and the church a bit or even completley. We need to be constantly reminded how much God loves us and how we are created in His own image.

    Well Done & keep it up!
    God Bless
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this Benedicte i really enjoyed reading it. This could really inspire people that don't really know about the love of God.
    It is really beautiful x

    Gloria xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really apreaciate what you wrote,it's nice to read a girl like you can talk about Christ.God help you to write many things about his love and be Bless,i hope to read you again.
    Nancy Ngoyi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. These are some inspiration words that I believe many people can relate to. It is great that you are reaching out to lots of young women because I believe that it is important to know that there are other people in similar situations.

    I am so proud of you and await for the further inspirational words inspired by God.

    Geraldine xxx

    ReplyDelete